Sunday, October 19, 2014

How you can support

So I got this idea from talking to a new friend today, which  I greatly appreciate since he will be helping by his generous donations. I also came up with the idea from something I observed from the many kind souls that I have met on the streets through out the years.

What I have observed is that when asking for money, most people are hesitant, for million of reasons, 90% of it unfounded and unjustified, 10% is usually true concern. I will explain with a little experience I had while in Waukegan, IL during the coldest month of the year.

I had gone to pick up two Little Caesar pizzas, one for myself and one for my roommate (which he didn't know I was picking him one up). On my way back to my barracks room I had remembered that I didn't have anything to drink in the fridge. So I stopped at a Seven Eleven to get a 2 litter. When I walked in there were a couple that appeared to be homeless. They were very young, I would say in their early 20s. Minding my own business I picked up my drink and went to get in line when the only cashier started getting into a dispute with the couple. He started yelling at them saying that he has told them a thousand times before not to come back, they told him that they had money to buy some hot coffees to keep them warm, the cashier didn't care and told them he has called the cops and just kept yelling at them. I told the guy to please ring me out, he was holding up the line, he ignored me, he was so fixated with the young couple that it was like he was blinded. When the cops finally arrived the cashier explained to the cop that he had refused service to the couple before and that they came back and he wanted them out of his store. They cop puzzled of what was going on asked the couple to exit the store to ask them questions, by the time I got my drink paid for I exited the store and I saw the young couple in the parking lot, holding each other to keep warm and the girl was crying and the guy was trying to comfort her telling her that he would get her to the shelter and they would be OK. I went to my car, grabbed one of the pizzas and brought it out to them, they were shocked and so appreciative, but I wasn't going to leave it at that, I asked them about the shelter, they said it was 5 mi away and that they had to walk, I looked around and I saw a motel, so I drove them to the motel and I paid for the night. They did not once asked me for money. They just needed to be warm, even if it was for a few hours.

This is what I need from you. I need your support and resources, because what I, you and IDF can do is so much to defend and support the Constitution. What we can do together can keep our future secured for generations to come. Along the way we will touch the lives of veterans that are in desperate need of the support of the people that they once served. If you have resources to help me raise IDF feel free to donate it. It can be posters designed by you to promote IDF, it can be office supplies, it can even be an office you can donate time for us to work in, you tell me what you can donate.

Email me at james.h.pace1@gmail.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment