Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Oath Keeping

Another blog about oath keeping. Why? Because not a day goes by that I don't find a discrepancy in someone that has made sacred oath and not keep it.

Someone posted today this article which as usual I tried to find something that might show a brother or sister at arms trying to do the right thing. In this case I didn't find it.



So when you watch the video it seems to be an ordinary traffic stop, you could argue that the passenger may have been somewhat unreasonable, I tried to. I get where the officers drew their guns. Here is the problem, the breaking of the window, considering that their were children in the car, was unnecessary, the tazing also unnecessary. You know what, lets just say that it could be argued justifiable. Then the statement came from the Hammond Police Department.

So, I did the research and couldn't find anything in Indiana's Code of Justice, revisions, legislations, bills, nothing stating that Law Enforcement officers can without probable cause search and seize an individual nor arrest without probable cause. As a matter in fact there were detailed laws in favor of Jamal Jones to refuse showing his ID. Now if there are municipal laws that states that law enforcement officers can demand ID of anyone in the vehicle during a traffic stop then you have to ask the important question that I ask every oath keeper to ask, is that law constitutional, is that order lawful. If the answer is no then don't do it. The only reason those law enforcement officers took that route is because they had power to do so and used it without regard of the individual's inherited rights by the supreme law of the land.

For those who are or have been in law enforcement I am sure you know the oath of honor.

"On my honor,
I will never betray my badge,
my integrity, my character,
or the public trust.

I will always have the courage
to hold myself and others
accountable for our actions.

I will always uphold the Constitution,
the community,
and the agency I serve,
so help me God."


So my request to the Hammond Police Department, keep your oath by upholding the Constitution, that means not upholding laws that are unconstitutional.

No comments:

Post a Comment