Saturday, October 11, 2014

I'm pissed off

Here is the reason why I am pissed off. I am doing more research on the demographics and statistics of homeless and/or unemployed veterans. This paragraph hurts:

"The U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) states that the nation’s homeless veterans are predominantly male, with roughly 8% being female. The majority are single; live in urban areas; and suffer from mental illness, alcohol and/or substance abuse, or co-occurring disorders. About 12% of the adult homeless population are veterans." from NCHV.ORG

It hurts because I can see me ending up in this statistic and most of all it hurts to see my brothers and sisters that are in this statistic. What is more disturbing about that paragraph is that it is reported by the VA. If the f***ing VA knows about it, why aren't they doing anything about it.

 This is the reported budget from the VA.

59,067,000,000 for medicare? Yet 12% of homeless are Veterans ("There are 610,042 people experiencing homelessness on any given night in the United States", ref. http://www.endhomelessness.org), majority due to lack of mental health care. This f***ing sick. I personally suffer from mental health issues and when I get out this is what I am looking forward to.

Look, I get it, the government the military is managed by is corrupt and is constantly violating the Constitution, and many service members don't realize that some of the orders given to them violates the Constitution, but that is what IDF is about, we are committed to put in the effort to bring awareness to the new generation of heroes. Don't punish the my brothers and sisters in arms, they made an oath to uphold the Constitution and they did the best they could. When they took the oath they really believed in it.

Here are the kind of things I can see IDF doing for my brothers and sisters, and it is just the least we would do, imagine with your support how much more we can do.




There are a number of ways you can support IDF:





No comments:

Post a Comment