Thursday, November 13, 2014

There is hope

Today I saw a glimpse of hope. As I was waiting in the chow line for breakfast, one of the food service members asked the girl in front of me to take off her backpack while she is in the chow line due to the rules posted in the mess. The girl with the backpack looked at her and said "pssss, what ever" and ignored her. The food service girl didn't do anything because she didn't want confrontation. Being a rank above the girl with the backpack I decided to say something. All I said was this, "does it really hurt to be nice, she was nice to you and she was only doing her job, that is what is wrong with this world, we don't know how to be nice to each other." The face on her was of such shame that it impressed me, and she took off her backpack.



If we can all influence people to just be brothers and sisters and take care of one another, look out for each other and be respectful we might have a chance against the tyrants. We should be ashamed of how we treat one another, it is pathetic, sad, disturbing. Those guys last night, so called oath keepers, I know they felt shame, specially after one of them told me that they wouldn't trust me with their back, my answer to them was I would watch out for their back anyways, because he was a brother in arms. He didn't expect that, he partially took back what he said. He felt shame. This brings me hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment