Tuesday, November 11, 2014

LMAO

I went to go check my mail this morning at the post office and it was close. Now, the last time I checked today is Veteran's Day. Unless I missed something on my federal calendar I didn't see where it mentioned Postal Service Day.



As usual, these things got me thinking. Of course I realize that it is a federal holiday and that there are veterans working in places like the Postal Service. Now I still believe that those that aren't veterans in federal agencies should still go to work, that is a personal opinion of mine. Anyways, here is where I get thinking. The government saves money some money when there is a holiday, right? You would think that when there is nothing going on during that day that the government would save money in not spending energy during that day or not using supplies that day. The answer is no, they still spend the same.

So let me recap this. We allow everyone in the federal government to take a day off regardless if they are veterans or not. No money is saved, no money goes towards veterans in need and everyone sits at home watching football and drinking beer. Sounds great to me (if I were talking to you, you would hear sarcasm in my voice).

I am not sure what is the purpose of having the post office close during Veteran's day. All I know is that while everyone enjoys a holiday that is meant for those that have made significant sacrifices to protect a piece of document, barbecuing, drinking, and making bunch of dough from sales, we have over 50,000 veterans homeless and unemployed, sick and in need of medical attention. Don't you just love the American dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment